Dera Ghazi Khan

Boys Campus

In 1860 Government of India decided to establish Modern Schools across length and breadth of the subcontinent to introduce English as a compulsory subject. D.G. Khan City was also included in the plan and a Primary school was established in the city in 1885 allocating an area of 99.5 Kanals. The school has historical eminence in the city of D. G. Khan with an academic history spreading over 130 years. It has some prominent figures on the roll of honors. A few to mention include Mumtaz Mufti (writer, 1921), Gen Yahya Khan (C-in C Pak Army 1927), Nasir Mehmod Khosa (Chief Secretary Punjab, 1968), Mr. Asif Saeed khosa (Judge Supreme Court, 1969), Abdul Latif Khosa, Governer Punjab, Maj. Gen Doctor M. Aslam Cairman UHS Lahore, Rao Munir Sarwar Director PTV, Zafar Ullah Sherwani VC Zakria University Multan, Mohsin Naqvi (Poet),Amjad Farooq Khosa MNA (Sitting), Aleem Shah MPA (Sitting) and Arslan/ Faisal Qadir (Brothers), players National Hockey Team . In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Center of Excellence on the approval of Chief Minister Punjab.

Recently, in 2010 it was declared as one of the future education promotion endeavor named Center of Excellence Govt. Boys High School No. 1 D. G. Khan under the umbrella of PDS & CEA. The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2014 at the cost of Rs. 203.202 Million. On 25 February 2013, the new building was inaugurated by Mr. Hamza Shahbaz Sharif (MNA). Today the school has 54 x class rooms, 5 x laboratories, a mosque and 5 x play grounds. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been provided to the school.  

Lt. Col Muhammad Ejaz Malik took charge as Principal COE (Boys), D. G. Khan, on 13 July 2015. As per the Daanish Act, School Council has been converted into Governing Body comprising eleven members. School staff consists of total 125 faculty members (108 academic and 17 non academic staff). Currently the students strength is 2,990 having five academic levels, from grade six to Matric.

Center of Excellence Boys D. G. Khan results of PEC and Board exams lately have not been very encouraging. This year the results of PEC and two Board Exams (9th and 10th) with pass percentages of 80.84%, 42.50% and 82.92% respectively. In 2013, result percentages were for these classes 76.72%, 21.65% and 76.31% and in 2014 school got 87.13%, 33.81% and 86.59% results respectively. One student Hasnat Ur Rehman secured maximum marks in 9th class board exams at District Level this year. The school was established as a primary school as envisaged in the Center of Excellence notification ultimate objective is to increase the levels from nursery to intermediate. For this purpose, a comprehensive planning is underway and will be instituted w.e.f the next academic year.

Like all other Centers of Excellences Center of Excellence Govt. Boys High School No. 1 D. G. Khan will be affiliated with the Lahore Board w.e.f 2016 onwards.
 

     
           

Girls Campus

Center of Excellence Govt. Girls Central Model High School D.G. Khan was established in 1972 in D.G. Khan City as a Primary Model School over an area of 54 Kanals. The school building was donated by APWA Association. Later on it was upgraded to high level and converted to central model school in 1984. The school has historical place in the city of D. G. Khan with an academic history spreading over 43 years. It has some prominent figures on the roll of honors. A few to mention include Dr Safora Zaka, FCPS, Asia Parveen, Poet, Zahida Begum, Director (NRSP), Dr. Faryal Gorchani (Dermatologist), Dr. Hassan javed, Colonel Pak Army, Ahmad Ali Dareeshak, MPA, Abdul Mukhtar Commissioner Income Tax, Fawad Gorchani, Asst. Director, NHA and Tahir Mustafa, SP D.G. Khan. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Center of Excellence on the approval of Chief Minister Punjab and named as Center of Excellence Govt. Girls High School No. 1 D. G. Khan under the umbrella of PDS & CEA.

The construction of the new building commenced in 2011 and was completed in 2014 at the cost of Rs 203.202 Million. On 25 February 2013, the new building was inaugurated by Mr. Hamza Shahbaz Sharif (MNA). Today the school has 38 x class rooms, 6 x laboratories, 2 x examination/ multipurpose halls and 5 x play grounds. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been provided to the school.  

Ms. Shahina Mehboob was selected first Principal in 2010 after declaration as Center of Excellence and again renewed her deputation duties as Principal COE (Girls), D. G. Khan, on 13 July 2015. School Council was converted into Governing Body comprising 10-11 members. School staff consists of a total 57 faculty members (41 academic and 16 non academic staff). Currently the students’ strength is 1,490 having seven academic levels, from grade four to Matric.

Students of Center of Excellence Girls D. G. Khan appeared in PEC (5th and 8th) and two Board Exams (9th and 10th) with pass percentages of 100%, 98%, 67% and 91% respectively. In 2013, school got 100%, 96% and 81.49% for classes 5th, 8th and 10th and in 2014, the results were 99%, 100% and 86% in that order. Every year the school participates in Youth Festival Competitions and wins various positions at different levels. Last year Humaira Fatima got 3rd position in English Essay Competition organized by “Parho Punjab Barho Punjab” at Provincial level. As envisioned in the Center of Excellence notification ultimate objective is to increase the levels from nursery to intermediate. For this purpose, a comprehensive planning is underway and will be instituted w.e.f the next academic year.

Like all other Centers of Excellences Center of Excellence Govt. Girls High School No. 1 D. G. Khan will be affiliated with the Lahore Board w.e.f 2016 onwards.

The ultimate objective of the School management is to make it one of the best educational and training institutions of the city of D.G Khan.