Sialkot

Boys Campus

Center of Excellence Govt. Pilot Secondary School (Boys) Sialkot was established in 1854 by East India Company and named as Anglo Vernacular Middle school. The school is spread over 43 Kanals with 12 Kanals as covered area. Industrial Arts subjects ( Arts & Crafts, Clay, Modeling, Electrical wiring etc) were introduced in middle (6th to 8th classes) in 1959 and technical subjects (Electrical wiring, Wood work, Commerce, Typing etc) were introduced in (9th, 10th classes) in 1962. The school is of historical significance as it has an academic history of over 161 years. It has some prominent figures on the roll of honors. A few to mention include Lt. Gen. (R) Rahat Latif, Najam ul Saqib (Former Foreign Secretary, Dr. M. Basharat Jazbi (Former Federal Minister) , M. Imtiaz Sarwar (Former Chief Secretary Punjab), Prof. Ghulam Sadiq, (Former Chairman BISE Gujranwala), Iftikhar Ahmad Qazmi (Former Ambassador), Ahmad Sadiq (Former Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Pakistan), Tariq Mehmood (Former federal Secretary),Inam Ul Haq (Former Foreign Secretary), Maj. Gen. Bilal Akbar, DG Rangers Sindh, Khawaja Shumail Ahmad, Commissioner Gujranwala Division.     In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Center of Excellence on the approval of Chief Minister Punjab and in 2011 named as Center of Excellence Govt. Pilot Secondary School (Boys) Sialkot under the umbrella of PDS & CEA.

The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2013 at the cost of Rs. 26.621 Million. Today the school has 37 x class rooms, 2 x blocks, and 3 x play grounds. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been recently provided to the school.  

Mr. Nawaz Khan is serving as Principal COE (Boys), Sialkot, since 01 August 2015. School Council was converted into Governing Body and comprises 11 members. School staff consists of a total 43 faculty members (29 academic and 14 non academic staff). Currently the students’ strength is 1,027 having five academic levels, from six to tenth grade.

During the last academic year students of Center of Excellence Boys Sialkot appeared in one PEC and two Board Exams (9th and 10th) with pass percentages of 79.6%, 74.1% and 70% respectively. While in 2014 the result of school for these classes were 96.9%, 78.4% and 69.97% and in 2013, 93.2%,82.3% and 75.91% respectively. Center of Excellence Boys Sialkot got several positions at District and Tehsil levels this year in co and extra-curricular activities. As envisaged in the Center of Excellence notification ultimate objective is to increase the levels from nursery to intermediate. For this purpose, a comprehensive planning is underway and will be instituted w.e.f the next academic year.

Like all other Centers of Excellences, Center of Excellence Boys Sialkot will be affiliated with the Lahore Board w.e.f 2016 onwards.

     

Girls Campus

After establishing Govt. Pilot Secondary School (Boys) Sialkot in 1927 Government of East India Company decided to establish one part of boys’ campus as another school for girls. The portion was thus named as Govt. Lady Anderson Girls High and Normal School Sialkot on the name of wife of Deputy Commissioner of Sialkot “Sir Anderson”. The school is spread over and is of 34 Kanals area with 20 Kanals covered area. The school is of historical eminence and one of the oldest with an academic history of over 88 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Center of Excellence on the approval of Chief Minister Punjab and in 2011 it was declared as Center of Excellence Govt. Lady Anderson Girls High and Normal School Sialkot under the umbrella of PDS & CEA.

The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2013 at the cost of Rs. 26.657 Million. Today the school has 41 x class rooms, 3 x laboratories, 1 x library and a play ground. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further, additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been provided to each school.  

Ms. Asma Zahid who was already doing as the principal renewed her charge as Principal COE (Girls), Sialkot, on 13 July 2015. Earlier School Council has been converted into Governing Body as notified in the PDS & CEA Act and comprises 11 members. School staff consists of total 110 faculty members (56 academic and 54 non academic staff). Currently the student strength is 1,785 having seven academic levels, from grade six to Intermediate.

During the last academic year students of Center of Excellence Govt. Lady Anderson High Secondary School Girls Sialkot appeared in one PEC and two Board Exams (9th and 10th) with pass percentages of 78.%, 42% and 70% respectively. Whereas, school got 70.85%, 36.3% and 69.97% in 2014 and 70.33%, 40.11% and 70% in 2013 respectively. Center of Excellence Girls Sialkot has been one of the distinguished schools in the city as it has always been bagging maximum positions at different levels since its establishment.  The school was established as a middle school; however, as envisaged in the Center of Excellence notification ultimate objective is to have Nursery to Intermediate levels. For this purpose, a comprehensive planning is underway and will be instituted w.e.f the next academic year.

Like all other Centers of Excellences, Center of Excellence Govt. Lady Anderson High Secondary School Girls Sialkot will be affiliated with the Lahore Board w.e.f 2016 onwards.